Light Medium Dark $3
Venetian One $10
Dark – One $10
Clear – Venetian $5
When DHA is applied to the skin; a brown “tan” forms in about 2 to 3 hours. The tan continues to darken for approximately 6 hours. The result can be a quite pleasing dark tan. The tan is absolutely water-resistant and diminishes only as the dead cells of the stratum corneum flake off (exfoliation) – usually in 4-5 days.
UV-Free airbrush tanning is purely cosmetic. The “tan” you see is not an actual tan and it will not provide any protection from UV rays.
Attire for women is whatever you are comfortable with; you can wear or not wear whatever you’d like. The key is your comfort level.
If you do choose to wear clothing, many things can be done to minimize tan lines. Choose a swimsuit or undergarments that are dark in color, or turn your bathing suit inside out. Strapless items are best if you are concerned about tanlines. KEEP IN MIND what you will be wearing later in the week. If you will be wearing a low-cut bathing suit, backless dress, or any other item that can be revealing, think about your tanlines before-hand. We’ve seen it all so please don’t let modesty be an issue.
Men are required to wear undergarments. The size is at your discretion, but we will not spray nude men.
Your tanning specialist will use the utmost discretion. Loose fitting, dark colored clothing should be worn after the session. No jeans please!
It is best to wait about 4-6 hours after our sunless application before you bathe or shower to give the DHA time to fully react with skin proteins. We recommend 8-12 hours or longer for best results. As most of our tanners say, “sleep on it, it will last longer!”
For ideal results, you want to follow our full pre and post spray instructions here. But generally, before your session, shower and exfoliate the skin. Make sure your skin is free of perfumes, lotions, oils, deodorants, gels, or any product on the skin that would create a barrier. Wear loose fitting, dark-colored clothing, and make sure you are able to avoid sweating or getting wet for at least 4-6 hours.
The solution we use is a non-toxic food grade product. It is approved for ingestion by the FDA and is not known to cause any detrimental affects to a pregnant mother or baby. We have not heard of any physicians advising their patients not to tan, but we do recommend you check with your doctor as you would do with any other products.
The ingredient that tans your skin is dihydroxyacetone (DHA), a color less sugar that interacts with dead skin cells to create the tanned color. The DHA causes a chemical reaction with the proteins in the outer most layers of the skin, which causes the color of the skin to change, producing a beautiful natural tan.
A spray tan does not dye the skin; the immediate color you see when your tan is applied is a color guide or bronzer that helps the technician not miss any sections and allows you to instantly see your tan. The DHA starts to react with the skin within 1 hours of the tan application and continues to do so for a total of 8 hours.
A spray gun is used to spray a combination of air and tanning solution directly onto the skin, which dries almost immediately. In less than 15 minutes you can have a flawless tan that will develop over the next 4 to 12 hours.
Click here for a printable version of this article.
Enhance the effectiveness of sunless spray tanning by conditioning your skin for maximum results. Then take steps to help maintain your tan.
The Day Before Your Appointment (These items can be performed day of tan)
• Exfoliate the day before you treatment to remove dry, flaky skin that causes uneven tanning
• We suggest Norvell Sea Salt Body Scrub 24 hours before your tanning session
· If you are exfoliating within the 24 hour period just use a mild exfoliant such as a loofah or daily body scrub
• Shave the day before your tan
The Day of Your Appointment
• Your skin should be clean
• You should remove all makeup
• DO NOT apply lotions or perfumes prior to getting sprayed
• Use deodorant very sparingly
Our staff is professional and experienced and you may wear or not wear whatever you choose.
• The DHA solution should wash out of most clothing
• Males are required to wear some sort of underwear
• Wear loose fitting clothing for afterwards. Tight clothes can rub off the DHA bronzer and smear the cosmetic bronzer. We recommend loose shorts, and a loose fitting t-shirt (DO NOT WEAR JEANS)
· If it is going to rain, please come prepared! Bring an umbrella, wear loose-fitting long sleeves and pants, and DO NOT wear sandals.
• Immediately after your spray tanning session avoid activities that may cause you to sweat excessively
• NORVELL ONE- Rinse with warm water (NO SOAP) after: 1 hour- Light color 2 hours- Medium color 3 hours- Dark Color NO LONGER!!!
• Use the air conditioning in your car on a hot day
• Important: You must avoid water entirely for at least four hours or you will stop the tanning action of the DHA!
• Ideally, wait at 8-12 hours (or more) before showering or bathing with any kind of soap
• If you absolutely must shower before the 12 hour period, wait at least four hours, then use plain water only to allow your tan to continue to develop
• The ‘‘instant color’’ cosmetic bronzer will wash off in the shower just as it is designed to do
• Avoid swimming for 24 hours
• ARUBA TAN OFFERS A FULL LINE OF SUNLESS TANNING RELATED PRODUCTS DESIGNED TO HELP YOUR UV-FREE TAN LOOK BETTER AND LAST LONGER. ASK ABOUT OUR MAINTENANCE PRODUCTS TO MAKE YOUR TAN LOOK ITS VERY BEST!